In September 2014 the Specialist Engineering Contractors’ (SEC) Group published a report titled: Payment Practices and Pre-Qualification in Public Sector Construction. This was based upon a survey of public bodies (local authorities, health trusts, police and fire services) using the Freedom of Information Act.
- Over £1bn cash retentions held from UK top construction companies: SMEs mainly at risk
- SEC Group responds to Chancellor’s Autumn Statement
- Follow-up survey of Welsh local authorities’ procurement practices
- Follow-up report on procurement practices in English local authorities
- Leading Construction Body Calls on PM to Activate Productivity Action Plan